- 2.5 pound bone-in leg of lamb
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped preserved lemon rind
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Liberally season lamb with salt and pepper. In a bowl, stir together garlic, cumin, coriander and oil; smear over lamb. Let rest at room temperature.
In a baking dish, place lamb; roast at 425ºF for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Add olives, lemon rind and broth. Cook until internal temperature is 130ºF for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours. Let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Place lamb on a cutting board and slice. Pour pan sauce into a measuring cup; spoon off fat. Serve with couscous tossed with mint and scallions.
Photo courtesy of The American Lamb Board.