- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1/2 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- olive tapenade or whole Mediterranean olive assortment cut up
- watercress, arugula or spinach
- 1 cup feta cheese (1/2 for burgers, 1/2 reserved for topping)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- mayonnaise (with dill & cumin optional)
- 12 mini hamburger buns
In a large bowl mix ground lamb, chopped olives, feta cheese, dill, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. (Optional) Add onion and garlic to a saucepan (with olive oil) to soften the onion before adding it to the mix.
Mix with hands until all ingredients are incorporated throughout. Shape mini hamburger patties, and then layer them in a glass pan with wax or parchment paper. This allows to prep the day before or to separate the individual patties out quickly when it’s time to grill.
Grill on medium heat for 7-10 minutes per side, check center for any pinkness and cook through before serving. Toast the buns just before it’s time to eat.
Top burgers with feta cheese, avocado slices, mayo spread (about a 1/2 cup mayo blended with freshly chopped dill and a splash of cumin) and lettuce or watercress, spinach, arugula for sliders.
Recipe provided by Pepper Design Blog. Photo courtesy of The American Lamb Board.